Brandon

Sunday, June 10, 2012

"Obama Girl" Not Excited for Obama and Not Endorsing

Hints in her interview that she may even vote for Romney?

A couple of days ago I alluded to the fact that Bill Clinton and other senior Dems seem to be having second thoughts about Obama. Like rats leaving a sinking ship they seem to sense that he's no longer up to the job and they don't want to associate themselves too closely with what is beginning to look like a losing campaign.

And now, one of the icons of hopey-changey fever is also withdrawing her support. Amber Lee Ettinger, aka "Obama Girl" became famous for her 2008 video "Crush on Obama" seen below:



Amber Lee's crush along with all the empty promises of hopenchange has evaporated. From the Daily Caller interview:
Amber Lee Ettinger, widely known as “Obama Girl” during the 2008 presidential campaign, told The Daily Caller she is “not as excited as I was the last time, that’s for sure.”
...
This time, however, Ettinger won’t say if she still supports Obama. “At this point I’m keeping that to myself,” she told TheDC. “If I’m not making videos, I’m not sure it’s anyone’s business who I’m voting for this time around.”

“I think in the next few months it’s going to be very interesting to see what happens,” Ettinger said. ”I’d like to get out there and see what the young voters think about both candidates… I might need to break out my flip cam and take a road trip.”
I doubt that Amber Lee's lack of enthusiasm will dissuade voters for Obama but the problem is that her feelings are likely to be echoed by millions of other younger voters who have recovered from their hopey-changey hangover.

A Gallup Poll from April shows that while Obama still retains a large lead over Romney in the 18 to 29 age bracket but fewer of them are registered to vote compared to older voters and of those only 56% say they will definitely vote in 2012.

Obama has lost the youth vote and lost the Independent vote. He's dropped 10 points in support among Jewish voters. Unless he's able to turn that around he will be, as he predicted in 2009 a "one term" president!

No comments:

fsg053d4.txt Free xml sitemap generator