Brandon

Saturday, June 15, 2013

GOP Repeating Same Mistake While Dems Charge Ahead with 21st Century Campaign Techniques

How many more elections will GOP throw away before they figure this out?

Don't say I didn't warn you. After Obama's big win in 2008 I pointed out that he achieved this sad result by massive spending on direct grass roots operations in the handful of key states he needed to win. I repeated this warning again in 2010 when despite the Tea Party surge (which Obama later suppressed with help from the IRS) we lost seats that we might otherwise have won. In August 2011 I warned that the Obama campaign had initiated a massive data operation (probably got the idea from NSA spaying). The campaign bragged that this would be "the most innovative and effective digital campaign in history, a team that will not just surpass but demolish our fundraising, communications, and organizing goals.” I suppose it's not bragging if you can do it.

Finally in August 2012 I warned again that Romney was way behind in grassroots field operations with Obama outspending him 3 to 1 in the handful of key states Obama needed to win. In the end Romney lost to Obama by less than 400,000 votes in four states: Colorado, Florida, Ohio and Virginia.

In the aftermath of the election Republicans, largely driven by Democrat allied media, insisted that the loss was due to an inability to reach out to Hispanics, women and minorities. But analysis shows that even if Romney had nearly tripled his take of the Hispanic vote he still would have lost. The major problem for the GOP is NOT outreach to minorities but a more effective way to identify and get likely GOP voters to the polls.

Want to see an eye opening report on the problem? I urge you to take a few minutes to see this:



Considering how successfully the Obama campaign exploits the personal data of every American voter it's not surprising that Obama's government is doing the same. The real question is whether the GOP will give greater emphasis to replicating these efforts or will they continue to be mired in the blame game of politically correct criticism most of which is manipulated by Democrat media?

2014 is not that far away. I wish I could say the GOP has learned the lesson!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm it looks lіke your websіte atе my
first cοmment (it was eхtrеmely long) so I guеss
I'll just sum it up what I wrote and say, I'm thorοughly enјoying your blog.
I aѕ ωеll am an aѕpіring blog blogger but I'm still new to the whole thing. Do you have any tips for beginner blog writers? I'd ceгtaіnly appгеciate it.


my web site; Red Kings Poker Ρromotions ()

fsg053d4.txt Free xml sitemap generator